Required documents for non-residents in the Republic of Croatia
We advise future spouses to contact their registrar's office, followed by a consular office of their country in the Republic of Croatia. In this way, they will obtain detailed information about the required documentation, while the following is intended for informative purposes only.
The Ministry of Public Administration prescribes that non-residents have to submit the following documents in order to conclude a marriage:
- extract from the birth register - Birth Certificate (not older than 3 months) issued in the country of birth according to international agreements and conventions, accompanied by a Croatian translation
- Single Status Certificate of a foreign national, issued pursuant to international agreements and conventions, accompanied by a Croatian translation
- Certificate of No Impediment to Marry of a foreign national in the Republic of Croatia as well as a certificate stating that the marriage will be recognized in the country of his/her nationality, accompanied by a Croatian translation (this certificate may be an integral part of the single status certificate)
- identification document (with photo)
- proof of citizenship (passport)