The Island of Korčula
An island of living traditions
Korčula is the 6th largest Croatian island, and its seductive beauty makes it one of the top island destinations in the Mediterranean.
The Greeks called Korčula black after the thick forests you will see from the ferry. Once you disembark, you will enter a magical world of bays, bike paths, stone cities, and traditional villages where time passes more slowly and life has a better flavour. Feel it in the taste of local Pošip and Grk wines, in the scent of citrus fruits and fresh fish. Experience the tradition of knights’ dances and feel the good spirits of your friendly hosts.
Top 5 experiences on Korčula
- Marco Polo’s house and the Mediaeval centre of Korčula
- diving off the coast of Korčula
- the Moreška knightly tournament, kumpanjija and moštra line dances
- island wine tour
- 20 cycling paths and 25 hiking trails
Top 5 towns on Korčula
- the town of Korčula and its priceless architectural gems
- Vela Luka, the largest town on the island with its valuable neolithic archaeological site of Vela Spilja
- Lumbarda with the most beautiful beaches on Korčula
- Smokvica and Brna on the southern side of the island beside spacious vineyards of Pošip grapes
- Blato in the interior, home of the kumpanjija knightly game