Beaches on Korčula
Top 7 beaches on Korčula
Korčula is surrounded by crystal clear sea, and its 182km of coastline holds 96 bays with hidden or easy-to-find beaches. We’ve discovered them for you.
- Istruga beach (Smokvica/Brna) is a small sandy beach in Istruga bay on the southern coast of Korčula. The beach has a restaurant and sports and recreation centre with 2 tennis courts, and is surrounded by Mediterranean vegetation. Istruga bay also stands out because of its 6-metre deep layer of sea mud, which has great therapeutic value.
- Vela Pržina beach (Lumbarda) is the most popular beach on the island of Korčula, located on the south side of Lumbarda. It faces the open sea and the Lastovo island archipelago. It is surrounded by vineyards and protected from northerly and westerly winds. Vela Pržina is ideal for families with small children and young people in search of fun. It features a beach bar, and you can rent lounge chairs and beach umbrellas or play volleyball.
- Bilin Žal beach (Lumbarda) is one of but a few natural sand beaches in Croatia. It is located on the north side of Lumbarda, and it has a beautiful view of the Pelješac Peninsula and the islands of the Korčula archipelago. The easy sea entry makes Bilin Žal a favourite beach among families. It also has a restaurant and bar, and the rich undersea life attracts divers.
- Tatinja beach (Lumbarda) is a sandy beach just a few minutes’ walk to the east of the centre of Lumbarda, in Tatinja bay. It features a few cafés, snack bars, pizzerias, and restaurants, making it an ideal spot for all-day seaside relaxation. The beach offers a breath-taking view of a group of small islands in the Korčula archipelago, the Pelješac Peninsula, and the town of Orebić.
- Pupnatska luka (Korčula) is located near the village of Pupnat, 15km from the town of Korčula, and is considered by many to be the most beautiful beach on the island. This pebble beach is surrounded by Mediterranean vegetation, and is ideal for anyone who wants to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life and everyday stress. There is also a restaurant in the bay, making all-day stays possible.
- Vaja beach (Račišće) is located 1km west of Račišće and 12km from the town of Korčula. It is covered in pebbles and surrounded by crystal waters. This romantic, isolated place is ideal for those seeking peace, quiet, and complete relaxation.
- Badija island and its pebble and stone beaches is just a 20 minute boat ride from Korčula harbour, and an excellent choice for a day trip. The island has a Franciscan monastery and restaurants and bars that are open in the summer months.