The sunny corner of the Mediterranean
Novigrad enjoys a mild Mediterranean climate with long, warm summers with an average of 24°C and mild winters with an average of 6°C.
Warm autumn and spring temperatures of around 17°C are great for pre- and post-season stays, when Novigrad is a perfect holiday choice due to the lack of crowds. Its average of 2400 sunny hours is among the highest in Croatia. As for winds, summer brings the refreshing mistral, and the rest of the year is host to the healthy, cold Bora and warm, humid Sirocco. If you love swimming, you'll be happy to know that swimming season lasts from March until October.
Top 5 characteristics of Novigrad's climate
- Istria is bisected by the 45th parallel, which places it in the ideal temperature belt of the northern hemisphere
- temperatures are above 10°C more than 240 days a year
- more than 10 hours of daylight in summer
- the salinity of the sea is around 37‰
- the Adriatic is warmer in Istria than in Dalmatia